Thursday, July 08, 2010

Main Samay Hoon

I’m what I call a “Public Sector Undertaking (PSU)”. Before taking a shot at the qualifications attributing to this self proclaimed tag, would love to dwell a little more on the about part of me. I was born in Bhubaneswar not by choice but due to the strange Indian tradition of expectant mothers going to their parent’s place for the delivery of a child.

Much of my initial years were spent at Balasore, the coastal town of Orissa which gets a mention in the Doordarshan news bulletin every time a missile gets test fired at the Chandipur range. Most of my time at Balasore was spent at Balasore Zilla School and FM College. I was at these institutions for a decade from 1988 to 1998. After that I followed the standard SOP for an English Honors graduate – did Masters in literature and a PG Diploma in journalism from IIMC.

Originally a journalist, I’ve been an accidental web designer for over two years and have spent most of my professional life working in that strange space where content meets technology. Since 2004, I have managed to work on either sides of the Deloitte Drive at Madhapur, Hyderabad. I’m passionate about the things that interest me - my family, people in general and popular culture.

A drifter at heart, I constantly vacillate between passions, read it as flavors of the month, that keep me hooked. I’m passionate about my professions, both planned and accidental. I have come to the conclusion that my belief in the present to be the best that could have happened to me has been a key ingredient of my growth as a professional. My blood group being A+ is not the only indicator.

Coming to the tag of PSU, I believe I can be one of the million brand ambassadors for the government of India for, despite criticism and multiple flaws, the system continues to support dreams and churn out success stories. Born to government employee in a government hospital, I have never been to a private institution all my life. And here I am earning a living and living the dream. Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.

No comments: