Monday, January 03, 2005

He Khan, He Will

There are stars and there is Shahrukh Khan. Till very recently, I used to always wonder how a performer like Shahrukh Khan, who has a very limited raportaire of expressions, can make his audience remain glued to the chair for a span of three hours. Is it luck, destiny, hardwork, coincidence or intelligence? May be a bit of all these. I was never a fan of Shahrukh the actor, but as a person I would certainly rate him much much higher. His off-screen remarks are much more interesting than his on-screen dialouges. Here are a few gems:

"Even when I'm in bed, I'm on stage, I never let go of the audience – I can't"
"You never win the silver, you only lose the gold."
"I am employed by the myth that is Shah Rukh Khan. I am just a worker who keeps the myth going."
"As Forrest Gump says: whenever there is a choice between a piece of mind and a piece of ass – I take the former. I think if you take sexuality very seriously it becomes very oily."
"Men who are interesting will find their wives interesting. And you'll hear of them being in amazing marriages."
"If you get bored with the person you married for love, there's something wrong with you – not that person."
"I want to tell young people that there is nothing special about being a hero, being successful or rich, it's just a little hard work, focus, and a lot of goodness. The least you can do is be courteous to people."
Mera Bharat Mahan - "It feels like a superstar to be a Muslim in India. Anyone who feels our country is not secular should look at me."
"I am like a Rolls Royce which can run without an engine, just on reputation."
"My mother used to call him (Shahrukh's father) the most successful failure in the world."

No comments: